Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Reminds Us to Be Humble and Grateful

CLEVELAND - Thanksgiving arrives today for billions of folks all over the world today, in the midst of poverty, war and a myriad of other tumultuous circumstances. Us Americans in particular are suffering greatly as well.

But I am eminently thankful.

I am never one to gripe or complain about my circumstances, no matter how trying or frustrating they may seem at any given moment. I know I am extremely lucky to be who I am and to have the people in my life that I do. My daughters, my lady, my mother and my true buddies. In fact, I am lucky to have everyone that crosses my path in my life.

Seriously.

God thank you for the election of Barack Obama. A truly historical moment. I thank God for bringing Mr. Shavar Ross into my life this year. He has always been an incredibly inspiring force to me and I hope he and his family continues to be blessed. I also want to wish Mr. O.J. Simpson a happy thanksgiving. He didn't deserve his fate.

I want to express my gratitude to all of my fans across the globe. Thanks to everyone for making the irreverent series, a Date with Deante the brilliant controversy that it was and will continue to be. I am grateful for my own evolution as a person and a creative genius. I only hope to continue in the positive direction that I have been thus far.

I encourage everyone else to appreciate whatever it is they have in their lives as well. God is great.

No comments: