Saturday, August 29, 2009

Michael Jackson's 51st Birthday: An Appreciation

CLEVELAND - Michael Jackson was born 51 years ago today in Gary, Indiana and thus, the world was forever blessed with his arrival.

Happy Birthday, Michael.

Naturally, I am still very upset that he isn't still on earth to celebrate his personal holiday. That horrible June 25 day will forever draw my ire. With yesterday's revelation that he was essentially murdered, I won't speak on that with any detail because it won't be at all pretty. I will suppress my searing rage in favor of great thoughts of that amazing individual.

Happy Birthday, Michael.

I am just so very grateful to Michael for the awesome catalog of memories he left me. His music, his dancing, his unique speaking voice, his custom costumes, trademark hair styles and epic creativity will forever elicit smiles from me. I love how Michael always had a healthy curiosity for all things and how that trickled down to his own style. His image was inspired by Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Sammy Davis Jr and of course, James Brown.

Happy Birthday, Michael.

Those groundbreaking short films (disguised as music videos) remain awesome to this day and continue to inspire contemporary artists. He was never afraid to be himself, even when many branded him weird and wacko. That aspect of the man inspires me personally more than anything else about him.

Let all of us that love Michael celebrate the totality of his colossal being, not just certain aspects of his being. Today is our day almost as much as it is his. We will forever and always love him and carry him in our souls. I know I will.

Happy Birthday, Michael.

No comments: