Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Better Late Than Never

CLEVELAND - Sometimes, I discover great things long after other people. Last night was one of those times.

Lord Help Us is an outstanding film.

The Direct-to-DVD motion picture, released about a year and a half ago in 2007 was directed by my friend Shavar Ross and I must say, it really caught me off guard. The story (I won't reveal much about it) was terrific but more importantly, Ross' direction was outstanding as was the editing, particularly when one considers that this was his first feature (two short films preceded it). Ever the perfectionist, he modestly claims that it "could have been better."

Don't let that fool you. It's great fun.

Ross, 37 you may remember began his Hollywood career 30 years ago when he landed the role of Dudley Ramsey on T.V.'s Diff'rent Strokes, still widely considered his signature role, though he has done countless other projects since then.

I highly recommend Lord Help Us, and I hope to see him behind and in front of the camera for another 50 years!

Nicely done, Mr. Ross!

No comments: