Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Carberry Brand: The Future of Cinema

CLEVELAND - I have been a fan of motion pictures for a good twenty-five years and I have admired the art of filmmaking for nearly as long.

Michael and Daniel Carberry have expanded my admiration.

For those of you that don't know them, the Carberry brothers are Los Angeles filmmakers originally from Northeastern Ohio. They also happen to be identical twins, though their talent is anything but identical to anyone in the U.S. film industry. They were prodigies from the start(think Doogie Howser with an Arriflex) and by age ten they were already embroiled in filming their own short movies. By 14, they'd founded their own production company called MDC Films.

Their work is breathtaking.

Since I am a creative genius myself, I greatly admire the cutting-edge, think-outside-the-box nature of their work. Their prolific output (over 100 projects completed and counting) coupled with a unique imagination, unparalleled focus and relentless drive convinces me that they are indeed the future of cinematic excellence.

And they're only 18 years old!

I was hooked on these highly talented wunderkinds from the moment I saw their award winning film, A Day Trip. The pacing, sound design, acting and direction were all outstanding, but the story itself, though very simple was somehow addicting. I watched this flick countless times and screened it for many others. 

In speaking with Michael, it becomes instantly clear why they are destined for greatness. "We work really hard, but I still regret the things we don't do or don't get time to do," he says. "But I think if we stay on the path we are [2009] will feel like a successful year."

In spite of my own iconic status in the field of creativity(check out www.adatewithdeante.com), I am a student when I speak with these guys. Michael is whom I converse with primarily and his insight is often priceless. The Carberrys' latest flick, a short with actor David Lehre is a dark, eerie piece that compels its audience to the edge of its seat with lump firmly in throat. It's the Carberry trademark, and no one in film uses tragic irony better than these guys.

With my formidable talents and myriad of fans, I don't often get to be a fan myself. But where Michael and Daniel Carberry are concerned, I am undeniably a true fan.

Hollywood's about to be blessed!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. Thank you man. Really, this means a lot! Keep representing!

Michael